Managing Director at the Hõtel de Paris St. Tropez
1. So tell us Danielle, since when have you been managing the Hôtel de Paris Saint-Tropez?
Since October the 22nd, 2014, for my greatest pleasure.
2. What do you like most about your work?
– Hospitality, achieving customer satisfaction, turning moments into lasting memories for our guests, by surprising and delighting guests with first-class service and giving our luxury “inn” a true soul.
– New challenges: to consolidate our image of a hotel turned towards art, with unexpected exhibitions, to confirm our position as a destination open throughout the year, to develop our activity throughout the year and place importance on the magic of Saint-Tropez lifestyle, both in summer and winter.
– My teams of course, thanks to them, the legendary Hôtel de Paris Saint-Tropez is back as a top destination. They make the difference and give our luxury “inn” a true soul.
3. What has the Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez to offer different from the other hotels?
– The Hôtel de Paris Saint-Tropez is just so arty. The Hôtel de Paris, the preferred holiday destination for the first celebrities on the French Riviera, has always been active in supporting artistic creation. This season goes under the sign of wealth and diversity with tribute paid to two great photographers whose work is closely linked to Saint-Tropez: Léonard de Raemy (who sublimed the beauty of Brigitte Bardot) and Carlo Borlenghi (who renders all the poetic beauty of the Voiles de Saint-Tropez). This summer, two sculptors will be presented: David Kracov, whose talent was already admired in the hotel last summer, and Carole Feuerman, a reference in the very tight circle of hyperrealist artists. More than ever, the Hôtel de Paris Saint-Tropez stands out as an exceptional venue for art-lovers.
– Daring, design, spectacular, the spirit of the place is exceptional and leads the traveler to live a unique experience, a delightful escapade jaunt to the very heart of the village of Saint-Tropez. The interior designer Sybille de Margerie signed this chic, modern decor, associating bright colors, geometric decorative style, pure and sumptuous materials..
4. The hotel offers a ‘Gourmet Discovery’ and a ‘Tropezian Retreat’ what is it exactly?
A journey to the flavorsome and sun-blessed land of the Riviera. Welcome to the kingdom of Dolce Vita! The ‘Gourmet Discovery’ package includes 2 days /1 night, buffet breakfast, a glass of Champagne or a cocktail of the day at the Atrium Bar, and a dinner special (a 3-course menu with wine pairings) at LE PATIONATA restaurant. The ‘Tropezian Retreat’ consists of a 3 night relaxing stay with Buffet breakfasts, a welcome drink at the ATRIUM BAR, a 3-course dinner (beverages included) at LE PATIONATA and a 45-minute treatment at the Spa by Clarins. Two packages to enjoy an enchanting break, far from the crowds, in an arty and cozy atmosphere.
5. When is the best time of the year to visit Saint-Tropez?
Roofs inundated with light, colorful façades in narrow streets and the Mediterranean Sea, Saint-Tropez is a magnificent village where life is sweet. Each season, Saint-Tropez seduces you, charms you with its authenticity. An ode to joy, to lifestyle and pleasure throughout the year! Living in Saint-Tropez is living to the rhythm of Provence. All our teams are committed to making this exceptional establishment in the heart of Saint-Tropez glow in every season and circumstances with simplicity and elegance.
6. How did your previous experience in the Hotellerie business help you to be where you are today?
My career has taken me to Cuba and Spain as Sales Manager of the Accor Group before becoming Hotel Manager of the Sofitel Nicolas de Ovando in Santa Domingo, the Sofitel Quiberon Thalassa Sea & Spa, the Vichy Spa Hôtel Les Célestins and La Réserve in Geneva. Key positions that have enabled me to discover top of the range luxury Spas and hotels and at the Hôtel de Paris Saint-Tropez, an encounter with Mrs. Simone Dray, the owner, opened up the enchanted door of this legendary establishment.
7. If you were not at the Hotel de Paris Saint-Tropez, where would you be?
It is a question I have not asked myself yet but when I will genuinely do so, I will already know the answer. To be followed!.
8. Which are your favorite beach clubs in Saint-Tropez?
As a “daughter” of the Atlantic Ocean, I favor wild and wide-open beaches. In this area, I love to discover deserted creeks or a small isolated beach where I can bask in the sun and swim in the wonderful Mediterranean Sea. What to say of the mythic Pampelonne beach clubs? Impossible to make a choice: each establishment proposes its own specificity with its own charm and its particular history.
9. What are the typical local souvenirs we should be buying when visiting St-Tropez?
Saint-Tropez is beyond all fashions! Perfectly embodied by the Brigitte Bardot of the sweet sixties, the Saint-Tropez style is the carefree incarnation of what is natural, elegant and casual.
Today, although Saint-Tropez has become home to the major international brands, a dozen Tropezian designers impose their timeless style. For over 80 years, ankle sandals by K. Jacques and Rondini, hand-crafted in Saint-Tropez have been worn by families and international stars like Kate Moss, Michèle Obama, Carla Bruni… Swimwear by Vilebrequin, Kiwi or more recently by Scalise Bains de Mer, created in town or on the beaches of Pampelonne, has enjoyed international success. Les Canebiers, a new design company in Saint-Tropez revisits with authenticity the ‘Saint-Tropez des Près’ from François Sagan to Roger Vadim. This is also the mecca for leading luxury fashion brands and inspired designers such as Gérard Sené, L’Espadrille Tropézienne, Bosco…as well as those creating fashion: L’Adress, Frisson Lingerie, by Mademoiselle…. More than ever Saint-Tropez is the ultimate in fashion. And let me not to forget our gourmet friends with the famous Tarte Tropézienne and Sénéquier white nougat.
10. Where do you travel during your winter holidays?
I take advantage of my holidays to go back home and spend time with my family in the Bordeaux region. Having spent ten years in the Caribbean, it is also true that I love warm-weather gateways and the comfort of luxury spa resorts where I can relax and enjoy treatments.
11. What would we find in your fridge?
A bottle of Champagne to share with friends but most important, a bottle of Bordeaux, Saint-Estèphe precisely, in my cellar. A must for a lady from Bordeaux!
11. And finally Danielle, which item identifies you?
More than an item, my identity, a bottle of precious perfume: Coco by Chanel.
Photos by Marc de Delley.